Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fun times

I went out into the country side with a couple of friends including Carol and we had a lot of fun. I found out that I love love LOVE dune buggys. I mean I am making it my mission to buy or build one by the end of this year, it was sooo much fun! Other than that, it was a bunch of us just having a good time, cooking out and drinking and talking. I hung back a little at first, lost in my BS introspection but after a little while I was able to get into the swing of the party and enjoy my time.

Particularly after riding in the dune buggy.

What it really reinforced for me though was that i cant run away from my home and I can still live my life and have fun. Joy is not something which is external it is inside me and inside us all and Slenderman cant take that away. When I was out there riding around with the sun set in the distance, the wind rushing thru my hair and nothing but land and road before me, I just knew. I felt it in my bones that life could still be worth living even when the bad things happen.

So Slenderman and all your cronys? Fuck off and stop pestering people. And every one out there who feels hopeless and scared or is thinking about running, stop feeling so bad. Youre still here to breath the air and everything will be alright in the end...one step at a time were gonna take this thing on. You just gotta stay strong.

-June

2 comments: